Name: Big Tex
Age: 15 year-old
Sire: Night Jacket
WNFR Qualifications: 10
Third straight trip to NFR in Saddle Bronc riding.
2010 Bucking Horse of the Year
Big Tex, the Pete Carr’s Classic Pro Rodeo gelding who took Tilden Hooper to a share of the world record with a 94-point ride this year and holds a share of the Wrangler National Finals arena record has been voted the PRCA Bareback Horse of the Year
Three Time Wrangler National Finals Rodeo Qualifier
“I’ve gotten on that horse three or four times. I was probably one of the first people to get on that horse. That horse really gets in the air. She has some nasty trips some times. She can jump in the air, break over and kick. I had her at Pecos, and I messed her up to be a really big score. She is always a horse that I look highly on.”
“He’s always been a great bucking horse,” said Tyler Corrington, a two-time Wrangler National Finals Rodeo qualifier from Hastings, Minn. “He’s one of the few bareback horses I knew before he became a bronc, because he was just so outstanding. He’s done nothing but be awesome.”
“I’ll take that horse anywhere I’m at,” said Wade Sundell, a five-time NFR qualifier from Boxholm, Iowa. “When you get on that horse, you’re nodding your head to win first. He kicks lights out, and he bails in the air. He’s got some hang time, and that allows you really set your feet and show off your spur stroke. He’s everything you’d want in a bucking horse.”
World Champion, Bobby Mote, had a 91.5-point on Big Tex at the 2008 WNF to tie the arena record and this year, in addition to Hooper’s ride in Silver City, NM, Clint Cannon, Jerad Schlegel and George Gillespie IV have all ridden the bay for 90-points and more. Bobby Mote won the Dodge National Finals Rodeo in Oklahoma City, OK with a 90 point ride.
- 2016 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Rusty Wright scored 82.5 points to win 5th place in go-round one.
- Jacobs Crawley scored 83.5 points to split 4th place in go-round six.
- 2014 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Cody Wright scored 84.5 ponts to win a fourth in go-round 5.
- 2014 Rodeos
- Cort Scheer scored 90.5 points in the final round to win the title at the Fort Worth Super Shootout.
- Wade Sundell was 90 points to win the San Antonio Stock Show Rodeo.
- Taos Muncy was 85 points to finish second in the short round at Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo.
- 2013 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Bradley Harter scored 78.5 points to split 6th place in go-round 8.
- 2013 Rodeos
- Wade Sundell was 90 points to win the $50,000 round at RodeoHouston
- Tyler Corrington was 85 to win San Antonio
- Curtis Garton was 86 to win the RNCFR
- 2012 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Sterling Crawley posted a 77.5 to finish in a tie for fifth in the 10th go-round.
- Jacobs Crawley was 75 to finish third in the fifth round.
- 2011 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Bobby Mote was 85.5 points to finish fourth in the 10th round.
- 2010 Rodeos
- Scored a share of the world record with a 94-point bareback ride with Tilden Hooper in Silver City, N.M.