Name: Cool Runnings
Age: 13 year-old
WNFR Qualifications: 4
Pete Carr purchased Cool Runnings from Dale Woodard of Outlaw Buckers. Woodard has purchased the gelding from Wayne Vold as a 2-year-old.
“When I had Cool Runnings, Cimmarron Gerke won the long round at the Ponoka (Alberta) Stampede when he was 4 or 5,” Woodard said. “I sold him to Pete that fall right after the Canadian Finals. When we sold him to Pete, he was a bareback horse. He was wild, but he’s matured now, and Pete’s got him in broncs. I like to see those horses become broncs.
“I think one of the great things about that horse is his bloodline. Wayne Vold is famous for the bloodlines on his horses.”
- 2014 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Cody DeMoss scored 78.5 points to win 2nd in go-round six.
- 2013 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Tyler Corrington scored 85.5 points to win 2nd in go-round 3.
- 2012 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Tyrell Smith scored 84 points to win the eighth go-round.
- Sterling Crawley placed fifth in the third round with an 80.5-point ride.
- 2012 Rodeos
- Jake Wright won the Navajo Nation Fourth of July PRCA Rodeo in Window Rock, Ariz., with an 88.
- Troy Crowser was 84 to finish in a tie for second place at the Lea County (N.M.) Fair and Rodeo.
- Ryan Elshere finished in tie for sixth place with an 80 at the Eagle County (Colo.) Fair and Rodeo.
- Two-time world champion Taos Muncy missed his markout to win the Guymon (Okla.) Pioneer Days Rodeo.